2 Favorites 1 Copy (view)
Civics +3 Age Levels Primary (5 to 8 years old), Elementary (9 to 12 years old)
Work with a partner or partners to analyze each object:
- What do you think the symbols mean?
- Are there words that help describe it?
- What patterns can you find?
- Does the design show bilateral symmetry, radial symmetry, or is it asymmetrical?
ART MAKING CHALLENGE: Design a medallion to commemorate something important to you. Some possibilities:
- An accomplishment
- A special event you participated in
- A family tradition
- A personal interest
The final artwork could be a drawing, painting, collage, clay slab, or foil repousse.Read More »