Forgotten Elephants of Deep Time with Paleobiologist Advait Jakur
- May 17, 2019
- Shows are 30 minutes long and stream at 11am and 2pm EDT
- The program is free, but registration is requested. Sign Up
Did you know that there were many different species of elephants millions of years ago? Go back in time with Paleobiologist Advait Jukar to learn about the different kinds of elephants from the past, see real fossils, and understand how various factors — such as body size, tooth shape, and habitat — each played a role in the evolution of the elephant. Throughout the broadcast, Advait will take questions from your students via text chat and there will be opportunities for students to share what they think using live polls.
How to Participate
- Bookmark this page! This is where the live event will happen on May 17, 2019, at 11am and then again at 2pm EDT.
- During the live show, your students will be interacting with the scientist through a chat window on this page.
- Download the Science How Tech Guide for instructions on preparing for and participating in a webcast. This guide includes recommended viewing guidelines if you’re participating with a group of students.
- Still have questions? Want to see your students featured on Science How? Email us at ScienceHow@si.edu.