Use images to introduce a stamp-printing lesson with primary students. Observe selected images and discuss. . .
- What shapes or lines do you see?
- Which fabrics have repeat patterns?
- Which fabrics have alternating patterns?
- What could the fabric be used for?
Play a sorting game with images printed on cards. Categories for sorting could include stripes, plaid, checkerboard, floral, polka dot, etc.
ART MAKING CHALLENGE:
- Students will stamp print on paper with cardboard edges, stampers, or found objects to create patterns.
- Printed paper will then be cut into clothing for collage self portraits.