Edward O. Wilson: Ant Biologist
What is an entomologist? Through the study of the Edward O. Wilson portrait, our students will explore the career of an ant biologist, study the plants and insects in our community, and create a self-portrait demonstrating their understanding.
- Students will be able to define the role of an entomologist.
- Students will understand the concept of biodiversity.
- Students will be able to classify a living creature as "insect" or "not an insect."
- Students will observe and be able to describe local insects.
- Students will understand the concept of habitat.
- Students will observe and be able to describe native plants.
Assessment: Students will create a self-portrait with a variety of native insects and plants similar to the E. O. Wilson portrait.
This collection was created in conjunction with the National Portrait Gallery's 2019
#NPGteachRead More »