Doorways & Passages
3 Favorites 1 Copy (view)
Design +2 Age Levels Middle School (13 to 15 years old), High School (16 to 18 years old)
Doorways are the transition point from one place to another. They can be functional, decorative, symbolic, or a combination of all three. Work with a partner to view and discuss a selection of doorways.
- What does it look like?
- What is it made of?
- Where do you think it leads?
- How does it impact the viewer or person who might want to enter/exit?
ART MAKING CHALLENGES:
- Design a doorway or passageway that symbolizes what happens inside.
- Design a doorway or passageway that links a physical place to an imaginary one.
- Design a doorway to represent a transition from one period of your life to another.