Design with Empathy: Michael Graves Case Study
This collection is designed to explore the essential question: How do designers understand and experience the needs and wants of stakeholders?
It looks into the design with empathy approach used by Michael Graves to design and test the Prime TC wheelchair for use in a hospital environment.
- Examine methods for developing empathy for your stakeholders
- Gain familiarity with the design process
- Understand what the steps of the design process might look like in application
- What kind of things did the designers research?
- What methods did they use to research and document primary data?
- Who worked with the designers on this project? What value did this add to the project perspective?
- Which stakeholders did the design specifically accommodate?
- How were stakeholder needs prioritised?
- What were the main issues the designer was trying to combat?
- List the steps of the design process evident in the case study.
Read More »