Original in SIA. Currently copy neg being made at SIA (January 1995).
In 1972, with the acquisition of the building by the Smithsonian Institution, the National Collection of Fine Arts, now the Smithsonian American Art Museum, gained additional gallery space and the building was renamed the Renwick Gallery of Art.
Stereoscopic view of the exterior of the original Corcoran Gallery of Art designed by architect, James Renwick, Jr., and erected between 1859 and 1861 for William Wilson Corcoran's collection of paintings and sculpture. Statues by Moses Ezekiel are visible in niches along the south facade. The statues were installed in 1884, but were sold off the building in 1901. An awning covers one of the first story windows.