Former owner: Yamanaka and Co. (C.L. Freer source)
Former owner: Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919)
Provenance: To 1897
Provenance: Yamanaka & Company, to 1897 
Provenance: From 1897 to 1919
Provenance: Charles Lang Freer (1854-1919), purchased from Yamanaka & Company in 1897 
Provenance: From 1920
Provenance: Freer Gallery of Art, gift of Charles Lang Freer in 1920 
Provenance:  See Original Pottery List, L. 511, Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Archives. The majority of Charles Lang Freer’s purchases from Yamanaka & Company were made at its New York branch. Yamanaka & Company maintained branch offices, at various times, in Boston, Chicago, London, Peking, Shanghai, Osaka, Nara, and Kyoto. During the summer, the company also maintained seasonal locations in Newport, Bar Harbor, and Atlantic City.
Provenance:  See note 1.
Provenance:  The original deed of Charles Lang Freer's gift was signed in 1906. The collection was received in 1920 upon the completion of the Freer Gallery.
Accession Number: F1897.69
Date: late 11th-early 12th century
Period: Northern Song dynasty
Medium: Porcelain with translucent glaze
Dimensions: H x W x D: 6.7 x 16.5 x 16.5 cm (2 5/8 x 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 in)
Style: Minqing ware
Restrictions & Rights: Copyright with museum
Credit Line: Gift of Charles Lang Freer
Related Online Resources: Google Cultural Institute
See more items in: Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
Origin: Minqing kilns, Fuzhou, Fujian province, China